Sunday 21 July 2013

Saturday 20th July 2013, day 10 - Looking into WWOOF

Today I registered with WWOOF and HelpX. They're both work exchange websites but the latter deals in more than just organic farms – all farms organic or not, but also things like B&Bs and guesthouses, backpacker hostels, lots, even things like just helping out around someone's home maybe if they’re recovering from injuries or something. I joined HelpX too because it’s only 20 Euros for a two-year membership that, unlike with WWOOF, can be used worldwide so I could look for things like that in the UK when I get home without having to pay to join the UK 'branch' of it.

Funny how easily words come when one is truly interested in and passionate about something. I had to write what sounded to me as I wrote it like a cover letter for my profile. Normally I spend hours fretting over a cover letter, often resorting to getting help. This I wrote in a matter of minutes.

I've already been contacted by a WWOOF host on Vancouver Island, and the place sounds good, so I'm going to message them in the morning, and maybe give that a try for a couple of weeks and see how I like the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment