Sunday 21 July 2013

Saturday 13th July 2013, day 3 - Khatsalano street fair, Kitsilano Beach and Hadden Park

This was the first time I'd been somewhere other than the supermarket. Khatsalano is a huge 1.5km-long street fair, one end of which was across the road from the house, with loads of stalls and food carts, and free live music stages at most road intersections. I walked almost the whole length of it before going to Kitsilano Beach, probably the most popular beach in the city. Both the street fair and the beach were packed with thousands of people. At the far end of the beach is a quieter park where I sat for a while and got my first view of Downtown Vancouver. On my way back through the street fair, I stopped at a stage that had contemporary folk sort of music being performed, which I really liked and would have stayed a lot longer than a few songs if I had suncream and wasn't really uncomfortable being on my own in a strange city. So I went back to the house and didn't go anywhere else (other than the supermarket) until Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment