Saturday 19 October 2013

Friday 11th October 2013, day 93 - Tofino to Cobble Hill

I'd been breakfasting on the muesli I'd purchased at the Duncan Farmers' Market, and finished the last of it with hazelnuts (from the Free Food shelf in the hostel kitchen) and the remaining jam we'd bought on Sunday. After booking our places on the 10:30am bus, we went to The Cottage Loaf (the bakery-cafe I'd been to last time) to treat ourselves to a nice breakfast. I had a veggie burrito (burritos are popular here and are often on breakfast menus), which contained scrambled eggs, onions, black beans, spinach, peppers and cheese. There were meant to be mushrooms as well but there didn't seem to be any. (I've come a long way from refusing to eat mushrooms, to being disappointed that there aren't any in something I'm eating, haha!) It was served with herbed potato chunks, salsa and sour cream and was yummy :) I also bought a slice of baklava to take away.

We took the Tofino Express to Duncan, where the coach driver for some reason couldn't drop us at the bus depot so we had to get off literally on the side of the road when he was conveniently stopped at traffic lights. We didn't know where we were or how to get to the bus depot. Neither did he; turns out it was just a few hundred yards further along the road. We got there a minute before the bus to the farm left.

James, Cammy, Barry, Ryoko and Haruka (who I hadn't met) were in the workshop when we arrived in the early evening, finishing up the market preparation, and were glad to see us again. It was nice to be back. James' mum had made cottage pie for dinner and we all ate together. I had the baklava later on - which was delicious! Well, I had half of the slice: I asked everyone if they wanted to try some, and everybody did. Haha. I need to learn to make baklava. It's too yummy. Anway, there was no room for me in the spare room I'd stayed in before, so James' parents kindly let me stay in their spare room for the few days I would be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment